fin-events.com Privacy Notice
FinEvents takes the privacy and security of your data very seriously. It is important that you take the time to read this Privacy Notice, as it describes the data we collect and explains how we use the information that you may provide us during the use of this Website.
Privacy Notice Published June 2022, Reviewed Annually
This Privacy Notice forms part of the understanding between you and FinEvents which governs your use of the fin-events.com website.
This Notice explains how your personal data will be processed by FinEvents and its data processors, and how you can manage the personal data held about you by FinEvents
SummaryThis Notice outlines the following:
- The kinds of personal data which may be collected from you by FinEvents;
- Who processes that personal data and for which purposes;
- How your personal data may be used for fraud prevention;
- When transfers of your personal data may occur;
- The measures taken to safeguard your personal data;
- How FinEvents may communicate with you and how you may unsubscribe from those communications;
- Details of FinEvents’s Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Please read this Notice carefully and ensure that you understand how FinEvents will deal with your personal data. Get in touch with us directly should there be any question about the content of this Notice.
FinEvents is the Data Controller for any of your personal data that you supply to us in the course of your use of our website.
Where it is a data controller, FinEvents abides by the Data Protection Principles in all of its dealings with your personal data. In particular:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency. FinEvents will only process your personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to you.
- Purpose limitation. Your personal data will only be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Data minimisation. Your personal data will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Accuracy. Your personal data will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Storage limitation. Your personal data will be kept in a form which permits identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- Integrity and confidentiality. Your personal data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures such as encryption and multi-factor identity verification.
The personal data we collectThe personal data about you that FinEvents collects depends on how you use the website and other FinEvents services. Data which we collect will include:
- Your contact details, including your name, email address and telephone number
- Any other information you supply to us, for example in response to a job description, request for a quote or other enquiry
- We also collect data in the form of Cookies that allow for the proper functioning of the fin-events.com website, which include:
- Technical information such as your IP address, browser, and operating system.
- Information about your visit (such as the session duration, the pages that you access, the page referrer, and other analytical data).
The Purposes for which we Process your Personal DataWe collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable your access to the FinEvents Website and facilitate its operation
- To properly administer any services that you request
- To detect and prevent fraud or improper use of the Website
- To analyse and optimise our services;
- To verify your identity;
- To communicate with you where relevant;
How we Protect your Personal Data
We will hold and process personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018, the European General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and any other applicable data protection legislation.
For further details or other enquiries please contact the Data Protection Officer for the FinEvents Group in writing or email: email@example.com
How we Communicate with You
We do not have a marketing mailing list. Therefore if you have submitted your personal details to us in the course of negotiating or completing a transaction with FinEvents, we may contact you by email, telephone or using other contact details supplied by you in order to respond to the enquiry, negotiate or complete a transaction, and / or carry out any tasks that are relevant to your request.You may contact us in relation to the personal data we may hold about you via: E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address.
Access to your personal data
You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you. Please send Data Subject Access Requests to our Data Protection Officer via email@example.com
The data you request may be redacted or withheld where it is appropriate to do so, including to protect the rights of third parties.
If a request is received to end our commercial relationship with you, your personal data may be retained for a reasonable period so as to satisfy FinEvents’ auditors and statutory record keeping requirements. However, in that event your personal data will be stored in accordance with all appropriate technical and organisational measures against loss or destruction of personal data.Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which may include your right to:
- Object to our processing of your personal data;
- Request that your personal data be erased, amended or corrected;
- Request access to your personal data.
You have the right to complain to the competent authority in your jurisdiction. In the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates the processing of personal data. For more information please visit: https://ico.org.uk
In France, CNIL is the competent authority: https://www.cnil.fr/fr
A Cookie is a text file containing anonymous information that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a web server when you visit a Website. Each Cookie is unique to your web browser. It allows a Website to remember things like your preferences or details of items that you are going to purchase online.
Cookies may be used to record details of pages relating to particular products and services that you have visited on this Website. This is to provide us with generic usage statistics to allow us to improve our Website’s utility, user experience, user interface, and to analyse the relevance and appeal of the content we provide via the FinEvents Website.
Web browsers are initially set up to accept Cookies. If you prefer, you can set your web browser to disable Cookies or to inform you when a Website is attempting to add a Cookie. You can also delete Cookies that have previously been added to your computer´s Cookie file. If you prevent us from placing strictly necessary Cookies on your computer during your visit or you delete a strictly necessary Cookie that has been set previously, it may not be possible for you to use our Website effectively.
When you first visit this Website, you will be prompted to choose whether or not to give your consent to the use of optional Cookies (namely functional, analytics and marketing Cookies). If you give such consent, we will set these Cookies in order to allow us to provide the services and webpages you request, to improve your use of our Website, and to analyse and improve our online services. You may withdraw that consent at any time by clicking here.
If you do not give such consent, we will not set these optional Cookies, but we will still need to set Cookies which are strictly necessary for your use of our Website.The Cookies we may use are categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary – Cookies needed to enable users to access the website or use particular functionality during the session or persistently.
- Optional functional – Cookies that enable functionality allowing the Website or app to remember choices made by users in the past.
- Analytics – Cookies that record statistics about which pages are visited by a user and activities performed on the Website or app in order to optimise it.
- Marketing – Cookies used for marketing, market research, product development or other sampling with a view to developing or marketing commercial products and services.
List of Cookies used by FinEvents
Cookies Necessary for Minimum Site FunctionalityCookie Name
Cookies for Site AnalyticsCookie Name
How do I turn Cookies off?
In addition to ‘opting-in’ and ‘opting-out’ all modern browsers allow you to change your Cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “Settings” or “Preferences” menu of your browser.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
FinEvents reserves the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time to reflect changes to the fin-events.com or other ways in which FinEvents collects and processes your personal data from time to time.
©2022 FinEvents SAS, 89 Rue de Grenelle, 75007 Paris, France